Tree Care Tips
Leave your tree in its netting until you have secured it in the stand and selected its location. Do not put your tree up near hear sources, fireplaces, radiator, or heat ducts. Once your tree is in place, fill the stand with warm water and remove the netting. Do not let the tree dry out. The resin in the tree will form over the trunk, the tree will not absorb water, and your tree will dry out quickly.
Water! Water! Water!
Plain water is the most important thing for your tree. Commercial mixes, aspirin, sugar or any other additive is NOT necessary. Check your tree daily to ensure a beautiful tree the whole holiday season.With proper care, your fresh cut tree should last at least 5 weeks.
If you are not putting the tree up right away, store it in an unheated area and place in a bucket of warm water. When you put the tree up, make a fresh 1-inch cut on the base before you put it in the stand.
'Tis the season to be safe
• Only use indoor lights indoors (and outdoor lights only outdoors). Look for the UL label.
• Check lights for broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections. Replace or repair any damaged light sets.
• Use no more than three light sets on any one extension cord. Extension cords should be placed against the wall to avoid tripping hazards, but do not run cords under rugs.
• Turn off all lights on trees and decorations when you go to bed or leave the house.
• Always use the proper step stool or ladder to reach high places.
• Read labels before you use materials that come in jars, cans and spray cans.
• Never place lighted candles on a tree or near any flammable materials.
• Avoid placing breakable tree ornaments or ones with small, detachable parts on lower branches where small children or pets can reach them.
• Do not hang popcorn chains and candy canes on the tree when small children are present. They may think that other tree ornaments are also edible.
• Be sure that all your electrical decorations such as lights, are examined to assure that they are in good condition.